- Email, Search Engines, IM, Texting
- Communities, Directories, Buy and Sell
- Magazines, Blogs, Internet News
- Radio, Television, Multimedia
- Area Codes, Books, Translators, Maps, Phone Numbers
- San Francisco Bay Area
Weep for Catalonia, Weep for Liberalism in Europe
--Craig Murray, 14 October 2019
Inside the media's relentless crusade to destroy President Trump
--New York Post, 13 October 2019
How PG&E's power shutdown threatened a NASA mission
--East Bay Times, 12 October 2019
A Bay Area police department made a viral joke about the PG&E shutdown ... and people have strong opinions
--East Bay Times, 9 October 2019
PG&E faces anger, mistrust, questions over power outages: 'It is excessive'
--Los Angeles Times, 9 October 2019
PG&E announces potential 5 day power outage for more than 600,000 Bay Area residents
--Reddit r/bayarea, 9 October 2019
Trumpenstein Must be Destroyed!
--The Unz Review, 4 October 2019
Tulsi Gabbard Considering Debate Boycott, Says DNC and Corporate Media 'Rigging' the 2020 Primary
"...the 2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders"
--Breitbart, 10 October 2019
Remember the FBI's promise it wasn't abusing the NSA's data on US citizens? Well, guess what..
--The Register, 8 October 2019
Whipped into a frenzy: Women are smothered in butter and flogged to give encouragement to boys 'on brink of adulthood' who leap over bulls in traditional Ethiopian coming of age ceremony
--Daily Mail, 7 October 2019
Old news headlines are saved here
Simple way to send a text message to a cell phone:
- Sprint PCS
- US Cellular
- Virgin Mobile
- Virgin Mobil (picture)
Buy and Sell:
Magazines, Internet News, etc.
Listings of Newspapers
Some news sites require registration...
A handy website is BugMeNot
But, nothing is "free" in the long run so donate to your favorite news sites!
- Astronomy Picture of the Day from
- Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur (Français) and
- ESA (European Space Agency)
Rosetta rendezvous with a comet
- Max Planck Society
- NASA Human Space Flights
- Near Earth Astronomy
- Asteroids and Near Earth Objects
14 Jan 2005: Huygens lands on Jupiter's moon, Titan
In the year 2003, Mars has come as close to Earth as it didn't come in millennia, not to speak of lifetimes. Mars opposition occurred on August 28, 2003 (17:58:49 UT), less than two days before the planet passes its perihelion on August 30. The closest approach of the two planets had already occurred one day earlier, on August 27 (09:51:14 UT); distance will be as close as 55.758 million km (more acurately, 55,758,006 km or 34,646,418 miles). At this distance, it appeared larger than at any historic time to now: 25.11 arc seconds in diameter.
--Spider (Hartmut Frommert)
- Nasa - Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and the
John Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
landed a space ship on Eros just in time for valentines 2001-2-12.
- Nasa - JPL - Mars and the
- Far Earth Astronomy
- Orbital Mechanics
keeps track of websites that can infect your computer.
- Broadband DSLReports.com
- BBS - Bulletin Board System
- CERT has information on internet/system security
- Down Detector tracks the online status of many companies
- down for everyone or just me?
- Electronic Freedom Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
and NO FRAMES FAQs
Web Authoring FAQ
- HTML Codes Table Characters and Symbols
- Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has
Important Links and
Time Zone database
- INTERNIC, Web site
- Internet Systems Consortium supports BIND, DHCP, INN, NTP and more
- Let's Encrypt is a free, open and automated certificate authority (CA).
- Netcraft collects information about web servers and has a
Web Server Survey
and can help answer the question,
What's that site running?
What is the uptime for popular hosting sites?
- Pinyin is a guide to the writing of Mandarin Chinese in
romanization. Included is a tool which will
Convert Chinese (Japanese, Russian,...) characters to Unicode
- Request For Comments (RFC)
- Ripe NCC maintains domain registry info in Europe.
- Shell Accounts
- Arbornet in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Nyx in Denver, Colorado
- SDF in Seattle, Washington
- Speed Test from Sonic.net
- SSL/TLS is a protocol used in https:// web communication and with email communication.
The current (Feb/2014) standard is TLS 1.2, everything else is older and has known security flaws...
Test your web browser at Hows My SSL.com
- CheckTLS.com is a TLS email server checker.
- USENET - nntp servers
Specialized Public NNTP News Servers
- Virus Total can check a file for viruses.
- Word Wide Web Consortium has many
- Travel Agents
- Around the World
- Netherlands - Amsterdam
- United Kingdom - London
- United States of America
Last modified on 2019 October 14
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org