- Email, Search Engines, IM, Texting
- Communities, Directories, Buy and Sell
- Magazines, Blogs, Internet News
- Radio, Television, Multimedia
- Area Codes, Books, Translators, Maps, Phone Numbers
- San Francisco Bay Area
How Long Will This Winter Last?
Punxsutawney Phil will tell us!
--Groundhog Day, Thursday, 2 February 2023
Let 'er out! Dog is spotted chewing through a letter box and poking its head through a front door in Scotland
By John James
--Daily Mail, 27 January 2023
Dr. Naomi Wolf on COVID Vaccine: "A Bioweapon - Manufactured in Concert with the CCP - In a Slow Way to Debilitate If Not Kill Off the Population of North America and Western Europe"
--The Gateway Pundit, 25 January 2023
The Scientific Facts Are In: The Covid Virus and Pandemic are Man-Made. The mRNA "vaccine" Is More Deadly than the Virus
--Craig Paul Roberts, 23 January 2023
Four migrants bused to NYC arrested for shoplifting $12K from Macy's
By Bernadette Hogan and Craig McCarthy
--New York Post, 24 January 2023
Tucker Carlson... Antifa is back in full force...
--Citizen Free Press, 24 January 2023
The woke, spoiled children trying to set fire to Atlanta: Maine millionaire's son, award-winning clarinetist, trans nonbinary activist and the middle-class vegan all arrested for domestic terrorism during Antifa riots
By Lewis Pennock
--Daily Mail, 23 January 2023
House Democratic leader's daughter is arrested after 'spray-painting ''All Cops Are Bastards'' on monument and assaulting officer' during Antifa protest in Boston
By Vanessa Serna
--Daily Mail, 22 January 2023
Old news headlines are saved here
Simple way to send a text message to a cell phone:
- Sprint PCS
- US Cellular
- Virgin Mobile
- Virgin Mobil (picture)
Buy and Sell:
Magazines, Internet News, etc.
Listings of Newspapers
Some news sites require registration...
A handy website is BugMeNot
But, nothing is "free" in the long run so donate to your favorite news sites!
- Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) from
Here is the Random APOD generator
- Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur (français) and
- ESA (European Space Agency)
Rosetta rendezvous with a comet
- Max Planck Society
- NASA Human Space Flights
- Near Earth Astronomy
- Asteroids and Near Earth Objects
14 Jan 2005: Huygens lands on Jupiter's moon, Titan
In the year 2003, Mars has come as close to Earth as it didn't come in millennia, not to speak of lifetimes. Mars opposition occurred on August 28, 2003 (17:58:49 UT), less than two days before the planet passes its perihelion on August 30. The closest approach of the two planets had already occurred one day earlier, on August 27 (09:51:14 UT); distance will be as close as 55.758 million km (more acurately, 55,758,006 km or 34,646,418 miles). At this distance, it appeared larger than at any historic time to now: 25.11 arc seconds in diameter.
--Spider (Hartmut Frommert)
- Nasa - Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and the
John Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
landed a space ship on Eros just in time for valentines 2001-2-12.
- Nasa - JPL - Mars and the
- Far Earth Astronomy
- Orbital Mechanics
keeps track of websites that can infect your computer.
- Broadband DSLReports.com
- BBS - Bulletin Board System
- CERT has information on internet/system security
- Is a website down or up?
- Electronic Freedom Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
and NO FRAMES FAQs
Web Authoring FAQ
- HTML Codes Table Characters and Symbols
- Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has
Important Links and
Time Zone database
- INTERNIC, Web site
- Internet Systems Consortium supports BIND, DHCP, INN, NTP and more
- Let's Encrypt is a free, open and automated certificate authority (CA).
- Netcraft collects information about web servers and has a
Web Server Survey
and can help answer the question,
What's that site running?
What is the uptime for popular hosting sites?
- Pinyin is a guide to the writing of Mandarin Chinese in
romanization. Included is a tool which will
Convert Chinese (Japanese, Russian,...) characters to Unicode
- Request For Comments (RFC)
- Ripe NCC maintains domain registry info in Europe.
- Shell Accounts
- Arbornet in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Nyx in Denver, Colorado
- SDF in Seattle, Washington
- Speed Test from Sonic.net
- Web Browser Online Spyware Watchdog Article Directory
- SSL/TLS is a protocol used in https:// web communication and with email communication.
The current (Feb/2014) standard is TLS 1.2, everything else is older and has known security flaws...
Test your web browser at Hows My SSL.com
- CheckTLS.com is a TLS email server checker.
- USENET - nntp servers
Specialized Public NNTP News Servers
- Virus Total can check a file for viruses.
- Word Wide Web Consortium has many