SET STATOPT - set display options on statusline
- [SET] STATOPT ON option column [length [prompt] ]
- [SET] STATOPT OFF option|*
- The SET STATOPT command allows the user to specify which internal settings of THE are to be displayed on the status line .
- The option argument is any value returned by the EXTRACT command. eg NBFILE.1.
- The syntax of the ON option, displays the specified value, at the position in the status line specified by column . If supplied, length specifies the number of characters, beginning at the first character of the returned value, to display. A value of 0 indicates that the full value if to be displayed. The optional prompt argument, allows the user to specify a string to display immediately before the returned value.
- OFF, removes the specified option from displaying. If * is specified, all displayed options will be removed.
- column is relative to the start of the status line . The value of column must be > 9, so that the version of THE is not obscured.
- Options will be displayed in the order in which they are set.
- If SET CLOCK or SET HEX are ON, these will take precedence over options specified with this command.
- The more values you display the longer it will take THE to display the status line . Also, some values that are available via EXTRACT are not really suitable for use here. eg CURLINE.3.
- XEDIT: N/A
- KEDIT: N/A
- ON NBFILE.1 13 0 Files=
- ON WIDTH.1 23 0 Width=
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2015
Generated on: 26 Jan 2015
Return to Table of Contents