SET INTERFACE - set overall behaviour of THE
- [SET] INTerface CLASSIC|CUA
- The SET INTERFACE command changes the behaviour of several operations within THE. THE normally operates in a block-mode manner, however many applications conform to the Common User Access (CUA) standard developed by IBM. This command specifies that CUA behaviour should occur on various actions during the edit session.
- The major differences between CLASSIC and CUA behaviour involve keyboard and mouse actions. Various THE commands have CUA options to allow the user to customise the behaviour individual keys or the mouse to behave in a CUA manner.
- Where behaviour is not related to particular key or mouse actions, this command provides the mechanism for changing the behaviour. The behaviour that SET INTERFACE affects:
- - entering text in the filearea with a marked CUA block will
- first delete the block and reposition the cursor
- - executing SOS DELCHAR or SOS DELBACK will delete the
- marked CUA block
- - executing any positioning command, such as CURSOR DOWN,
- FORWARD or CURSOR MOUSE, will unmark the CUA block
- XEDIT: N/A
- KEDIT: Compatible with KEDIT for Windows.
- See Also:
- MARK, CURSOR
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2015
Generated on: 26 Jan 2015
Return to Table of Contents