SET COMPAT - set compatibility mode
- [SET] COMPat The|Xedit|Kedit|KEDITW|Ispf|= [The|Xedit|Kedit|KEDITW|Ispf|=] [The|Xedit|Kedit|KEDITW|Ispf|=]
- The SET COMPAT command changes some settings of THE to make it more compatible with the look and/or feel of XEDIT, KEDIT, KEDIT for Windows, or ISPF.
- This command is most useful as the first SET command in a profile file. It will change the default settings of THE to initially look and behave like the chosen editor. You can then make any additional changes in THE by issuing other SET commands.
- It is recommended that this command NOT be executed from the command line, particularly if you have 2 files being displayed at the same time. Although the command works, things may look and behave strangely :-)
- The first parameter affects the look of THE, the second parameter affects the feel of THE, and the third parameter determines which default function key settings you require.
- Any of the parameters can be specified as =, which will not change that aspect of THE 's compatibility.'
- XEDIT: N/A
- KEDIT: N/A
- THE THE THE
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2015
Generated on: 26 Jan 2015
Return to Table of Contents