SCHANGE - selectively change strings
- SCHange /string1/string2/ [target] [n] [m]
- The SCHANGE command changes one string of text to another only after confirming each individual change with the user.
- The first parameter to the change command is the old and new string values, separated by delimiters. The allowable delimiters are '/' '\' and '@' .
- The second parameter is the target ; how many lines are to be searched for occurrences of string1 to be changed.
- n determines how many occurrences of string1 are to be changed to string2 on each line.
- m determines from which occurrence of string1 on the line changes are to commence.
- XEDIT: Functionally compatible, but syntax different.
- KEDIT: Compatible.
- 1 1 1
- See Also:
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2015
Generated on: 26 Jan 2015
Return to Table of Contents